Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ribbon Gutter

As most of you know, recently I had my craft room remodeled.  I just love it.  All things said, though, there is always room for improvements.  I used to have my ribbons on dowels.  I loved the look of it.  But when I needed a whole spool of ribbon for a class, I had to take the entire dowel down and remove a lot of spools to get to the one I wanted.  This is a old photo of the ribbon and punch cabinet with the doors open.



I had heard of ribbon gutters that some craft stores sell.  I priced a few and they ran about $40.  I would need at least 5 so that was cost prohibitive.   Then I saw this great idea on Pinterest.


She used actual plastic rain gutters.  I had to try it.  My husband and I bought a 10 foot piece for $7 and then got some end caps for just over $2 each.  The total project for five homemade ribbon gutters was under $40!!!

Here is the final product...


I am so excited about it!  I actually have more room than before in my ribbon cabinet now!

3 comments:

  1. The gutter is way easier than the dowels. I did the same thing in one of my craft room incarnations. Not a spot for it yet in the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with your ribbon. I am going to have to try it. I agree with you on the ribbon dowels never a good idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Your ribbons look FAB all lined up, and even better, you can get to them easily!!

    ReplyDelete