Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 21, 2015


March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 14
Art Challenge:  Borders
Journal Prompt:  "Borderline feels like I'm going to lose my mind."
For the background, I mod podged Tim Holtz tissue paper and then gesso'ed over it.  Dabbed some TH distress paints in Salty Ocean, Broken China and little of Weathered Wood and blended together with a wet wipe.

I played with some hexagon stamps from Close to My Heart and created a border by stamping the images with Ranger Archival ink on deli paper.   Colored the hexagons with yellow and orange Pitt Big Brush markers by Faber Castell.  Inked the edge of the layout with Sienna Archival ink and a sponge.  

Used a TCW stencil and gold embossing paste by Dreamweaver to add some texture.  Stamped bees randomly around and colored with Pitt Big Brush pens and Winkastella.  

Cut out a butterfly  from black cardstock using my Silhouette cutting machine.  Sponged orange and red Viva Decor Inka-gold metallic rubs on the butterfly and then glued him down with a UHU glue stick.  Sketched my sentiment with a pencil and then went over it with a Pitt Brush Pen in brown.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Gellato text bird

I wanted to try my Gellatos so I stamped some Dina Wakely birds on text paper and then colored with Gellatos.  Super quick and easy.

Sympathy Leaf

I tried a cool technique.  Apply  light modeling paste to cardstock through a stencil and let dry completely.  Spray with shimmer sprays and wipe with a paper towel.  The modeling paste acts like a resist but not completely.  A hint of the color is left behind.

I made a dozen to share with my card swap gals.

Cover up the good stuff hearts

The layout from my Cover UP the Good Stuff post on ...  inspired the following card.  I made a dozen to swap with my card swap club.

Gelli hearts

If you have ever used a Gelli plate to make monoprints, you know that a cheap way to add texture is to use embossed card stock.  Last year when I taught a Gelli print class, my embossed cardstock was used by 15 women with varying color tastes.  The result was some BEAUTIFUL embossed paper.  I decided to punch some hearts and butterflies out of the paper.

Here is some wall art I made...

I plan on doing a similar piece with some butterflies.  Below is a card I made with one of the butterflies.  Excuse the shadow at the bottom of the card.

Surviving the Elements

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 7
Art Challenge:  As A Layer Element
Journal Prompt:  Surviving the Elements

The only way that I am going to "survive the elements" is if I can learn to hold on to joy and resist worrying about things that I do not have control of.  That was the inspiration for this layout.  I used blue Lumiere paint...nice and shiny.  Then sprayed bright Dylusions ink sprays over the background.  The Lumiere acts as a resist.  Stamped some Dylusion leaves and colored with metalic pens.  Stamped a Dylusion border and then inked some white squares.  Doodled around the leaves with white and black pens. Painted black an old cut-out of a jumping girl that Sami used on her school planner this year. Used gel medium to adhere so it wouldn't make the water soluable ink sprays run.  Finished it off with some inspirational quotes around the edge.