Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

Glitter and Glimmer

If you have known me for a long time, you know that I am not much of a glitter and glimmer gal.  I like earth tones and texture.  Well, I decided to get out of my comfort zone and use some of the many glittery and glimmery products that the Heh House carries.  Thus, the birth of my May Fast and Fun Technique class...Glitter and Glimmer!

For my first glitter and glimmer technique, I played with Perfect Pearls misters.  I learned in the online Tim Holtz class that these mists work best on dark paper.  I wanted to see how they worked on pattern paper.  I experimented with colors and application methods and found that making puddles on the craft mat gave me more control of the color.


Here is a close up of  the card I designed.  Notice that the three squares have the same patterned paper.  One is covered in a golden mist, one in a blue mist and one plain (no mist).  It's hard to tell from the photo but the misted ones have a nice shimmer to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment