TINTED KROMA CRACKLE
Cardstock: white (5 ½ x 8 ½; 3 ¾ x 1 ¾ ); black (4 x 5 ¼ ; 4 ½ x 3);
lavender (3 ¾ x 5)
· Stamps: Paper Smooches " Sentiment Sampler " stamp set;
· Ink: Versafine “onyx black”;
· Adhesives: Thin 3D Foam Squares (black); Elmer’s glue
· Tools: Heat gun; Non-stick craft mat; die cut machine; Lifestyle crafts Nesting Eyelet Rectangle die; corner rounder
· Embellishments: black twine 10 inches
· Paints: KROMA crackle; Studio “smidge of blue” and “purple palette”; Adirondak Paint Dabbers “pearl”
· Other: craft paint brushes; palette knife; scotch tape
- 1. Paint a thin layer of “purple palette” acrylic paint all over the 3 ¾ x 1 ¾ white cardstock. Heat set it dry.
- 2. After the paint is dry, apply a coat of Elmer’s glue. Heat until sticky and dry.
4. Apply an even layer of tinted Kroma Crackle with the palette knife and dry with the heat tool.
5. Once the crackle is dry use the paint dabber to add some pearl color to the bumps. Prime the dabber by pressing on the craft mat until some paint comes out. Lightly brush the dabber across the raised cracks. Don’t press too hard or it will fill in the crevices. Heat set.
6. Corner round the edges.
7. Crisscross the black twine around the card. Tape with scotch tape in the back to hold in place. Set aside the rest of the twine.
8. Run your black cardstock through the diecut machie to cut out the scalloped background layer.
9. Adhere your crackle piece to the front of the black scalloped piece.
10. Adhere the black and light purple background layers to the front of the card. Use foam squares to attach the scalloped/crackle piece.
11. Tie a bow with the rest of the twine.
12. Stamp your sentiment using black ink.