Total Pageviews

Friday, March 30, 2012

Distress stain fun

My friend Laura, who is a stamping goddess, is so inspirational to me.  On her recent visit she left me a bunch of samples.  I was thrilled!  (especially since she is not the best at mailing me stuff...wink, wink).

For my April classes I was inspired by the following card.

 I just loved the background and the speckles in it.  She shared her secrets and I was able to come up with my own prototype.  I used Distress Stain on watercolor paper for a similar feel but a different look.

Here is the stain on the watercolor paper (before it is spritzed with water).


Here it is after it is spritzed with water....
Notice how the colors are more mottled.
Next, I use a heat gun to dry it.  The colors dry much lighter.




The finished stamped image will eventually evolve into a card for my April class. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment