Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Distress ink and homemade shimmer

 The second card that I am designing for my April classes at the Hen House will be using Distress Inks and homemade shimmer mist.  I took an online class from Jennifer McGuire last year and she shared so many fun tips that I will pass along during my class.  Life has been so busy that I almost forgot them all but luckily a card designed by my friend, Laura sparked my memory.

 Its hard to see in the photo but the card has a delicate shimmer when held in the light.  I just love it!
 I made a background using similar Distress inks and then made my own shimmer mist.
Next I stamped a gorgeous Memory Box image over it.  The flowers were begging for some color so I used the Prismacolor blending technique that Laura shared with us in her class in early March.  Here's a sneek peek of the my final card.

 
Come learn these techniques and more at either my Fast and Fun Technique class on April 28th or at the Technique Swap on April 17th.  Check out the Hen House website for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment