Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Amy Flowers inspiration

Some of the wonderful women that take my class have asked me how I come up with the cards for my classes. So, I thought that this month I would show you the progression of each card that I design for the April Fast and Fun Technique class (April 28th at 3pm).

A couple of months ago, I took a class from Amy Flowers at the Hen House.  I think it was called Ink 101 or something like that.  Basically we learned alot about all the types of inks, when to use them, what type of paper they stamped best on and how to get the most out of them all.  It was really fun.  She is coming back to the Hen House this month.  Check out her blog for details.

Anyhow, in the last class she reintroduced me to chalk inks.  I forgot how wonderfully velvety they finish.  For my April Fast and Fun Technique class, I was inspired to do some fabulous back grounds using different inks.  The first one will be using chalk ink.  Here is a photo of background I created using two different colors of chalk ink.


Next while looking at the wonderful Memory Box stamps at the Hen House, I quickly decided to use the chalks to make the  background scenery for this one stamp of trees. 


Stay tuned to see how the card evolves.  I am imagining using the Memory Box window die with the image above.

1 comment: