Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gelli print energy

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 28
Art Challenge:  Make a Custom Element
Journal Prompt:  "Ride the energy of your own unique spirit." - Gabrielle Roth

When I read this challenge, I was a bit baffled.  My friend, Jennifer immediately said, "Gelli print!".  What a brilliant idea...all gelli prints are one of a kind custom elements.  I pulled out my 3 x 5 gelli plate and started to play with some Golden open acrylics and deli paper.  After I got images that I loved, I cut them out and glued them on my pages.  Next, came the doodling.  The quote made me think of a wave so I drew two curvey lines and then wrote the quote beneath them.  And then added lines, circles and x'es here and there.




1 comment:

  1. It reminds me of a sheet of custom postage stamps, especially with the little o's. Very cool. Like the colors and how your eye is drawn across the page. Your lettering is awesome as always. Love how the size of the words changes. Great effect!

    ReplyDelete