Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 25, 2015

April 4 challenge -- watercolors

April Theme
Color Safari (Exploring Inks and Paints)
April 4
Art Challenge:  Watercolors
Journal Prompt:  It's Water Under the Bridge

I don't use watercolors very often so this challenge was indeed challenging.  I wanted to use the latest Stencil Girl Stencil so I dabbed embossing ink on the paper through the stencil.  Then I clear embossed to create a resist.  Next I painted watercolors over the image in the middle to the edges.

I drew the "resist" sentiment and border with a sharpie.  I wasn't happy with it so I walked away from it for about 2 weeks.

Upon my return, I sprayed the whole thing with some purple Dylusions ink.  Then I added a tag I made at a Dina Wakeley make-in-take at CHA two years ago.  She seemed to fit the mood of the page.  I rubbed black Gelato around the tag and edges of the page and on the resist image in the middle.

Last I doodled some swirls and stars randomly around the page with metallic markers.


1 comment:

  1. Great layout and sentiment! Love the tag. The resist turned out very cool.

    ReplyDelete