Total Pageviews

Monday, January 19, 2015

Documented Life - Week 3

January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!
January 17
Art Challenge:  The Color Wheel
Journal Prompt:  "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way . . . “    - Georgia O’Keeffe

I chose to use colors that I normally shy away from...yellowish green purple and torquoise. I glued some sheet music and book paper scraps randomly around.  Painted the whole thing yellow green.

I stenciled the triangle pattern using a pouncer and paint.  Doodled the purple dots with a purple metallic sharpie.  The large purple circles were from a scrap of paper that I whipe off excess paint from my stencils when I used ink sprays.  I got a clean brush and painted over the scrap with water...the ink sprays bled and mixed.  I used circle punches to cut circles.  Pasted the circles to the page.  Drew some spirals and flowers on the circles.  Used my Pitt big brish to draw around the circles and smudge for some depth.  The border was created with a rolling stamp tool ... not too crazy about it because it never seems to dry.

Paint: Golden Green Gold, Studio Paint Classic Teal.  Purple and black left over Dylusion Ink spray on a scrap

Pens:  Cheap Sharpie (purple, green and blue) knock offs from Target, Faber-Castell Brush 1-5 mm black ink pen




 

No comments:

Post a Comment