Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cosmic Swirl Template

This month in my Fast and Fun class we will be making only 3 cards.  So I decided to let them play with more templates and make backgrounds that they can turn in to fabulous cards.  Check out the four cards that I made with one background design.

 I used Dylusion inks and TCW 6x6 Cosmic Swirl template to create a bright and fun backgournd.  The card above lets the background be the star.

The card above was the most fun to make. I made it from the strips that were cut off to make the first card.  I also used some swirl remnants from a Memory Box die that I used in the last card.  Added some coordinating ribbon and colored the sentiment with a coordinating COPIC marker.  


Can you tell that the background above is the reverse image of the one used in the previous two cards?  I will be showing my students how to get two prints with your templates when you use spray inks.  It took a while for me to perfect the process but I am so happy with the results.


Lastly, I used an intricate Memory Box die on the right hand side.  I then cut up a piece of the background paper to make squares that I layered on the left.  It was screaming for a popped up sentiment.  I used an old SU stamp and punches.

I really enjoy making my own background paper.  It gives me so much more room for creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment