Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Color Wash Fun

The Hen House now carries a full line of the Adirondak Color Wash sprays.  These are textile sprays that are not diluted so most techniques for paper require you to water them down a bit.  I really thought the sprays would be the perfect background for the Dylusion stamps.

Here are some of the cards that I made. The mushrooms were embossed with clear ink on craft paper before I sprayed the Color Wash.  I then stamped the leaves and used a white pencil for the veins, mushroom spots and sentiment.  The white stitching on the edge was made with the Tim Holtz "picket fence" Distress marker...fun to use.  I used "tea dye" Distress marker to color the mushrooms.



For this second card, I just sprayed  a scrap of craft paper and ribbon and then stamped the black solid leaves and then the open leaves border.  I colored in the open leaves with a green Prismacolor pencil.  I used the white pencil on the sold leaves,  for the faux stitching around the ribbon, on the "thanks" (from Paper Smooches) and on the striped circles.  I used a different green on the other circles.  I was going to use this card in my August class, but there are way too many steps to qualify for "Fast and Fun".  It was fun but definitely not fast.  ;-)

This last card is the one I will be using in my August Fast and Fun class.  It incorporates a lot of the techniques of the two previous cards but in an abbreviated and hence "fast" way.

No comments:

Post a Comment