Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

Background too beautiful to stay in the background

Sometimes a background stamp is so beautiful that it becomes the focal point.  That's what happened when I started playing with this Japanese lantern background stamp from Hero Arts.  After stamping it on a "leftover" from my background class a couple of months ago, I started to play with colored pencils, Stickles and washi tape from MME.  When I tried to layer other images or paper on top, I just couldn't.  Finally it dawned on me that the background could stand on its own.  So I got some vellum and stamped a great sentiment from Paper Smooches and layered it on top.  I added some wsshi tape and decided that this would be fun card for my July class.


Here is the version that I will be using in the class.  I used the Tim Holtz Spring Collection of Distress Inks to make the background.  I like both cards but I think the lanterns seem to "glow" more in the second card.  What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. I really, really LIKE it. The CS behind the sentiment makes it pop, and I love the TH tiny attachers! Looking forward to making my own in class. TFS!

    ReplyDelete