Total Pageviews

Friday, February 27, 2015

Cover up the good stuff

February Theme
Layers You Will Love!
February 14
Art Challenge:  Cover Up Good Stuff
Journal Prompt:  Going Undercover

Today's post is inspired by blogger Nika in Wonderland.  I have been watching one or two of her videos each night.  What a wonderful way to fall to sleep.

The challenge "Cover Up Good Stuff" I took a literally.  So I wrote down a bunch of adjectives that describe things that are wonderful about me and then starting layering.  Can you see the words?  It's easier under the blue heart. 
 First layer was gesso.  Next I layered Tim Holtz Distress paints by dabbing colors and spreading with a baby wipe. I drew the hearts and started adding watered-down TH black soot paint.  Added some yellow dots with a paint and stenci.  Added the pink hexagons with a stencil, Sharpie waterbased white paint pen, and gelatos.  White modeling paste and a stencil were used for the jumbled letters.  I doodled around the yellow dots and hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment