· Cardstock: Nena white ( 5 ½ x 8 ½ ; 3 x 3; ½ x 4 ¼ ); black (4 ¼ x 5 ½ )
· Stamps: Paper Smooches " Sentiment Sampler " stamp set;
· Ink: Versafine “onyx black”;
· Pens/Pencils: white crayons
· Adhesives: foam dots; scotch tape
· Embellishments: The Twinery pink/white bakers twine (20”); adhesive rhinestones; Goosebumps clear texture spray
· Tools: : Die cut machine; Lifestyle Crafts Genius Ultimate Platform and nesting eyelet rectangles die cut set; circle die cut
· Paint: Splash Ink
· Other: paint pots; medium paint brushes; Tim Holtz waterbrush
1. On the 3 x 3 white cardstock, draw a design using the white crayon.
2. Mix three complementary colors of Splash ink. Use the Splash Ink Color Recipes chart to mix the reds and pinks. If you label them A-J across and 1-10 down, I used A1, F9, and G4. You can multiple the recipes to make as much as you want and then store in a paint pot or waterbrush.
3. Paint the three colors over the crayon design. Heat set to dry. Use the circle die to cut a circle from the colored design. Spray with Goosebumps clear texture spray. Set aside to dry or heat set.
4. Run your black cardstock through the diecut machie to cut out the scalloped background layer. Lace the twine through the holes and tie a bow on one of the corners. Adhere to card front as shown.
5. Attach the circle with double-sided tape on top of the scalloped rectangle.
6. Stamp “happy birthday” on white strip of paper and adhere two rhinestones on opposite sides of the sentiment. Adhere sentiment strip as shown above with foam dots.