Total Pageviews

Friday, May 31, 2013

Make Music. Make Peace.

My friend Donna is a bit of a hippie.  She loves peace signs and plays guitars.  I was inspired by her loves to make a mixed media piece for her birthday.  I bought an old music encyclopedia at a used book sale and used some of the pages for the background.  Then I used some TCW stencils and Dylusion sprays to make the background.  Next I printed an guitar image on a piece of copy paper and pasted it on some foam core.  I cut is out and started layering crumpled pieces of tissue...about 6 layers.  Next I sprayed it with orange and brown Dylusion sprays. The edges of the guitar  was edged with Distress Ink (vintage photo). After it was dry, I made the neck and string pieces with grunge board and black glitter paper.



See the music pages behind the paint.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Deedee, a lot of work went into that great art piece. It's spectacular, and I'm sure Donna will treasure it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete