Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

Update on my Dad

My father has been on the Hospice ward since Tuesday.  He rallied at first and we had 3 wonderful days with him.  Lots of family came to town and we enjoyed meals with him.  He was so happy to be able to eat anything that he wanted.  Saturday he took a turn for the worse and has been agitated and very disoriented.  He has not had a full meal since Saturday morning.  The doctors keep him sedated so that he won't hurt himself or others.  It has been the hardest thing to watch him suffer.  My family and I have come to terms with his coming death but our hearts are breaking as we watch him deteriorate in front of our eyes.  If you are able, please pray for my father's peace. 

Thanks to all of you who have brought meals to the hospital.  The meals have been greatly appreciated during our time of mourning. In fact, we have been able to share the food with other families who are supporting terminally ill loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. Treasure those three days; I know you do. Praying for peace for your Dad and your family.
    Mary.

    ReplyDelete