Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Waiting on the doors and drawer fronts

Thought I'd give you all a little update on the progress of my room.  Almost everything is in its new home, I am just waiting on the doors and drawer fronts to be made and installed.  I am LOVING my new crafting cave!!!  My husband, daughter and I each have our own desk areas...  This first one is Sami's.  Note the six letter slots...that is so that we can all have a place to put our work-in-progress neatly away.  I covered the little bulletin board with some scrap fabric.  You will see lots of pops of green throughout the room.
 This is Sean's desk and work area.  I love the way the printer and CPU are tucked away.  Each has a pullout shelf for easy access.
 This is my desk area.  It is anxiously waiting for its own computer.  Maybe Santa will bring me one?  The cabinet above has all my card kits for classes and swaps.  When I design a card, I keep all the paper, stamps, inks, punches, embellishment, etc... in one container.  It makes it easy to start and stop a project.
The key to a productive craft room is "zoning".  My dear friend, Sandy taught me that.  Zoning means that each area of the craftroom is dedicated to one theme.  For instance, my adhesive zone is these upper cabinets.  Everything that I need to stick one thing to another is in these cabinets (glues, Xyrons, double stick tape, glue guns, etc..)

This is my color zone.  These lower cabinet have everything that I need to add color to a project.  The drawers on the left are ink pads sorted by type (permanent, distress, chalk, dye-based, pigment, etc..).  The lazy susan on the right has all my paints and markers.

This is my die cut and embossing zone.  The drawer on the left has my die cut pads and tools.  The cabinet on the left has dies (eg., Sizzix).  The drawer on the right has all the stuff I need to powder heat emboss.  The shelves below have folders full of cuttlebug embossing folders and thin dies.  My zutter in on the bottom shelf.  Note on the wall to the right are all my nestability dies in shadow boxes lined with magnetic sheets.  The shadow boxes have hinged fronts so that I can open them and easily get the nestability die that I need.

This is my cutting zone.  The drawer on the left has small cutters and blades.  The right side of the cabinet has a pull out drawer with my Cricut.  The Cricut cartridges are all stored in the drawer below.  The shelves on the left side of the cabinet are actually adjacent to the color zone so these shelves contain sponges and brushes and other color related items.

This is my favorite zone...the ribbon and punch zone.  This tall cabinet will have glass doors so that I can easily see my ribbon and punches.   The small cabinet to the right has extra punches.  On top of this small cabinet is my sewing machine that is ready and easily accessible for use.

 This is just a photo of the adhesive and color zones.
This last photo is of the work table that is in between the ribbon/punch zones and the adhesive/color zones.  There are four large drawers under this table where I store border punches, sewing stuff, hand tools and other tools that I use a lot.

Hope you enjoyed the tour.  Once the doors are on I will post again.  Also still need to show you my stamp closet and embellishment closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment