Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

Baby shower card

Something must be in the water at my office.  We have a bunch of pregnant ladies...all due around the same time. :-)  Next month is the first of many baby showers.  I was delighted when the counseling team asked me to design a baby shower card for their happy mother-to-be.  A few of them will come over today (Labor Day...hee...hee) and we will have a baby shower invite assembly line.  Take a peek at what we will be making...
We decided on some "neutral" colors since no one knows if the baby will be a boy or girl.  I personally loved yellow and green when my daughter was a baby.  I had a lot of fun with this card.  I paper pieced the blanket.  Used Copics to color the baby and the tag.  The background was made with one of my favorite IO Cover-a-Card stamps using SU pear pizzazz ink and paper.  I used Nestabilities to cut out the scalloped oval and oval.  You can't tell but I used some puff paint on the socks to give them a fuzzy feel.  The stamps are some I bought over 10 years ago but glad that I kept them.  The name on the tag was hand written using a COPIC multiliner 0.03 black pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment