Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Fun with scraps

I had some scraps of paper left over from my Bargello class so I decided to use it up. I punched out circles and scallop circles and made some layered flowers.  I added some crystal lacquer the the middle.   I set them aside so I could make my background. I stamped newsprint randomly over a piece of watercolor paper using Ranger Archival black ink and a background stamp from Memory Box.  Next I spritzed the paper with water and blended some watercolor in blues and green to make a background.  Once they where dry I used some thin washi tape as the flower stem and stamped the leaves with green Archival ink.  I glued some fake grass on the bottom.  This grass is the stuff they use as sushi bars for decoration.  You can get about 500 sheets of it at Asian market stores for about $5.  Put a pop dot where I wanted the flower to go and stuck the flower on.  Stamped the sentiment and then rounded the corners and adhered to a coordinating card.



No comments:

Post a Comment