· Cardstock: craft (5 ½ x 8 ½; 2 ¾ x 2 ¾ ; 2 ¾ x 5/8 ); black (3 x 3; 2 ½ x 2 ½; 3 x 7/8)
· Specialty Paper: Studio Sticky-back canvas (3 x 3)
· Stamps: Paper Smooches “Sentiment Sampler” stamp set
· Ink: Versafine “onyx black”;
· Adhesives: Thin 3D Foam Squares (black); Elmer’s glue
· Tools: Heat gun; Non-stick craft mat; Tim Holtz tonic piercing tool; paper trimmer
· Embellishments: gold mini brads (3)
· Paints: KROMA crackle; Studio “classic teal”; Adirondak Paint Dabbers “silver”, “gold” and “copper”
· Other: craft paint brushes; palette knife
1. Paint a thin layer of “classic teal” acrylic paint all over the 3 x 3 canvas square. Heat set it dry.
2. After the paint is dry, apply a coat of Elmer’s glue. Heat until sticky and dry.
3. Apply an even layer of Kroma Crackle with the palette knife and dry with the heat tool. The thicker the crackle layer, the bumpier the texture.
4. Once the crackle is dry use the paint dabbers to add some metallic color to the bumps. Prime the dabber by pressing on the craft mat until some paint comes out. Lightly brush the dabber across the raised cracks. Don’t press too hard or it will fill in the crevices. Heat set between colors so that you don’t cross contaminate the dabbers.
5. Once you have the amount of metallic that you want, cut your square into 1 inch squares.
6. Punch a whole in the middle of one of the squares and insert a brad. Set aside.
7. Peel the sticky-back cover off four of the pieces and adhere to the 2 ½ x 2 ½ black square as shown above. Layer other papers behind and adhere to front of card. Use a black foam dot to adhere square with the brad to the center of the 4 square pattern.
8. Stamp your sentiment in black on the small strip of craft cardstock. Layer with the small piece of black cardstock. Add your brads by punch holes on the opposite sides of the sentiment. Mount to front of card using foam squares.